It has been scientifically shown that cold is good for your body and mind. Cold therapy improves wellbeing in a variety of ways:
- It speeds up recovery. The body recovers faster from exercise when exposed to cold. Cold therapy also reduces delayed onset muscle soreness after your workout.
- It alleviates pain. Cold contracts the blood vessels and numbs the nerves, relieving pain.
- It eases inflammations. The increase in the local blood circulation caused by cold eases muscle and joint inflammation.
- It increases your resistance. Cold activates your immune system and strengthens your heart and increases blood circulation.
- It makes you feel good. The pituitary gland releases beta endorphin, which makes you feel good.
- Falling asleep is easier and the quality of sleep better. Being exposed to the cold releases serotonin, which alleviates insomnia.
- You will enjoy increased energy levels. Being exposed to cold makes you more alert and energetic. The shock of cold activates your muscles, wakes up and stimulates your body.
Avant°pool Kinos is suitable for most healthy persons who like to enjoy increased alertness, energy and resistance – accompanied with less stress and pain. The pool is also suitable for heat treatment.